9 Ways to Balance The Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra, also known as Manipura in Sanskrit. Here is everything you need to know about the function of this chakra and 9 tips on how to balance it.
Location: Above the navel
Association/Meaning: The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with personal power, will power, determination, self-esteem, and self-confidence. It is literally the get up and go energy that keeps you motivated and feeling a zest for life.
In Balance: You have strong personal power and confidence. You easily move through challenges and adapt to adversity and change. You have a strong sense of purpose and a positive outlook on life. You're self esteem is strong and healthy. You wake up energized and have steady energy throughout the day. You have a strong immune system and healthy digestion.
Underactive/Blocked: If the solar plexus isn't functioning adequately, you may experience insecurities, low self-esteem, feeling blocked and unable to move forward in life. You may also experience a loss of motivation or feeling like the life has been sucked out of you. On a physical level you may feel low energy, the need to sleep too much, a weak immune system, have digestive issues, bloating and/or stomach pains.
Overactive: There can be just as many negative effects when having an overactive solar plexus. Some signs that your solar plexus is overactive are: being a workaholic, arrogance/superiority, extreme stubbornness, needing to be in control of things/others, overly critical of other, perfectionism, anger/rage, insomnia, over obsessing with being healthy such as very extreme diets, over exercising to the point of exhaustion or being sick, etc..
Imbalance (cycling between underactive and overactive): Some people may identify with both the overactive and underactive categories. In this case, there is an imbalance in the solar plexus chakra. In this case the person may experience going from one extreme to the other. As a result they may feel almost a manic/depressive cycle. Some periods they may have a lot of energy and feel like they can conquer the world and later in the day or later in the week, they may feel like they have nothing else to give the world. A wired then tired effect cycle will usually occur over and over. Go go go and then collapse. Go go go and collapse. This is where I was when I got very sick working in the corporate world.
"My solar plexus eventually shut down from overworking, 65+ hours a week. I felt like a super hero because I could get so much done but would collapse at the end of the day and eventually it caught up to me. 2 Organs later, I finally work up and found a path to balance in my life. Trust me, you don't want to wait until it gets that bad." -Rachel Richard Kloiber
Organs/Physical: Affects nutrient absorption in the body and the function of all major organs and systems located in the abdomen (i.e. stomach, intestines, kidneys, liver, and adrenal glands.)
Here are some recommendations to help balance the solar plexus chakra:
1. Practice self-affirmations: Engage in daily affirmations and positive self-talk to boost self-esteem and personal power.
I am resilient and handle things as they come
I am ready for great things and great experiences
I flow throughout my day and take care of my needs as they arise
2. Engage in physical activity: Any exercise that makes you warm up or sweat will help to activate the solar plexus (walking, yoga, HIIT etc.), especially physical activities that increase self-confidence and personal power, such as weightlifting or martial arts.
3. Practice mindfulness: Engage in mindfulness practices, such as meditation, to increase self-awareness and reduce feelings of anxiety and insecurity.
4. Surround yourself with positivity: Surround yourself with positive people, places, and things to boost self-esteem and personal power. Spend less time with people and situations that bring you down and more time doing things and with people that energize you.
5. Wear yellow or gold: Wearing the color yellow or metallic gold clothing or jewelry can also help balance the solar plexus chakra.
6. Crystals/Gemstones: Carrying or meditating with a yellow crystal, stone or gemstone such as yellow jasper, citrine, tigers eye, helps to balance this area.
7. Sun & Fire: The Egyptians new all about this being the sun worshipers they were. Spend at least 20min outside in the sun a day. In colder months or in the evenings, light a candle or sit next to a fire. Sol comes from the word sun, so being in the sun or simulating the sun by being near fire helps to balance this area. That's why we feel so much more energized in the summer.
8. Yellow foods: Yellow fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients that are known to protect your nervous system. They also play an important role in maintaining skin healthy and boosting your immune system.
9. Reiki: During a Reiki session, the therapist will send universal life force energy to the solar plexus to support the area in releasing blocks and cycles from this lifetime and previous life times to create balance. Energy will be able to more freely move through the area in a more balanced and health way. If there extreme imbalances in this area, we recommend several session one or two weeks apart until you notice a consistent improvement. Then we recommend sessions every three to four weeks for maintenance. The practitioner may also recommend EMDR or traditional psychotherapy/counseling if there are deep traumas that you are still healing from.
In conclusion, the solar plexus chakra plays a crucial role in our sense of personal power, self-esteem, and self-confidence. Keeping this chakra balanced is essential for overall healthy and helps us to have a positive outlook on life. By incorporating these recommendations into your daily routine, you can help balance the solar plexus chakra and experience increased self-confidence, self-esteem, and personal power.
Do you feel like you have an imbalance in the Solar Plexus? Book a Reiki session
Work-life balance: Myth or Manifest 8 tips to reclaim your power: Read article
Need to protect your energy and time more? 5 Steps to Set Boundaries: Read article
How Reiki saved my life: Read article