7 Ways to get the most out of your session
Wouldn't it be nice if we could reap the benefits of our massage or Reiki session for longer? Well, here are a few tips to get the most out of your massage or Reiki session.
Before your session
1) Arrive early: Arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your session instead of rushing in. This will allow you ample time to go to the restroom before your appointment and to sit for a moment and shift into relaxation mode before your session starts. You will also be ready to get started on time instead of using your appointment time to go to the restroom. That means more relaxation time for you so that you can get the most out of your session.
2) Communicate needs: This is your time. During the consultation let the therapist know exactly how you're feeling and what you would like to work on. Give details on any areas of tension or pain and any information on changes that you may be experiencing that could be contributing to your mental, spiritual or physical state.
During the session
3) Communicate adjustments: During the session, let the therapist know if there is anything they can do to make you more comfortable. Do you need more or less pressure? Would you like the music turned down? How is the temperature on the table? Is the therapist talking and you just want to relax? Let us know of any adjustments. Afterall, this is your time. We are here to support you the best that we can.
After the session
4) Ask questions: After the session, the therapist will have a post-consultation with you. During this time they will let you know what they found while working with you and will make recommendations accordingly. Feel free to ask questions and ask the therapist to write down their recommendations so that you can recall them. I mean after all you will be in a relaxed bliss state and may not remember what they recommended after the session.
5) Rebook: To ensure you stay on top of your wellness plan make sure you rebook before you leave. Getting a massage or Reiki session once will definitely have benefits but you don't take your car in just once for an oil change, you take it according to a regular schedule to ensure it functions optimally. Your therapist will work with you to find the correct cadence for appointments to maximize the cumulative benefits. We totally understand If you need to look at your schedule before rebooking. In this case, make sure to make a note to rebook once you're home to ensure you get the dates/times that work best for your schedule.
6) Hydrate: Make sure to drink lots of water after your session. If you begin to feel sluggish or sick, it could be a sign that you are dehydrated. In this case, drink electrolytes or coconut water to assist with increasing hydration levels.
7) Follow aftercare: Make sure to incorporate the aftercare recommendations provided by your practitioner. Did they recommend stretches, breathing exercises, a specific form of exercise, more hydration, mediation, lifestyle recommendations or something else?
We hope that these recommendations are helpful to you. Your continued wellness is important to us. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
What are the benefits of massage? Learn more
What are the benefits of Reiki? Learn more
Which massage is right for me? Learn more
Have questions? Contact us